Search This Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sadan Kasai - Story of Bhagwat Kripa

Once upon a time there lived a butcher in a certain village. His name was Sadan Kasai. He was very honest and truthful. His work was to slain the goats in the market. The interesting thing was that he hadn't any measuring unit viz. 1kg, half kg, or 200 grams unit. Instead of that he had a Saaligram [ a form of Lord Vishnu]. He used to weigh any weight using the single Saaligram. It was easy to carry one place to another place. He kept on doing his work for many years. One day it so happened that a Panditjee, came to his butcher shop and saw the Saaligram. Seeing that he immediately recognized that it was the original form of Lord Vishnu. He kept on waiting for finishing the selling. When Sadan Kasai became free from his job, Panditjee said to him, "Sadan what are you doing with this Saaligram? Do you know who He is? O stupid! He is none other than Lord Vishnu Himself! Please do give me this Saaligram and in lieu of that I will buy you all the weighing items from 50gram unit to 5 kg unit"
Listening to this Sadan said to the Panditjee, "Hon'ble Panditjee, you can obviously buy weighing items for me but how can I carry them?"
Knowing the difficulty of Sadan the Panditjee said to him, "Don't worry Sadan I'll buy an ass also for you!"
On this Sadan agreed and gave that Saaligram to the Panditjee. The Panditjee came back home hurriedly and started the purification of the Saaligram. First of all he purified it with Gangajal, then with the milk of cow and thereafter with honey. After the purification he kept the Saaligram in his Puja room. Now the Panditjee was happy as he thought that the Saaligram has come to its proper place. But just after sometimes when the Panditjee fell aspleep he saw in his dream that Lord Vishnu became quite furious on him. In his dream the Panditjee was instructed to send Him back to the Kasai's house. In the dream Lord Vishnu said to the Panditjee, " O Panditjee! Please send me back to Sadan's house. His devotion is more than your devotion. Whenever he weighs me in the scale I experience the I'm swinging in the Swing of Vindravan. I feel more comfortable there. Hence, immediately send me back to his house."
On the denial of the Panditjee the Lord started a very big storm. Now it appeared that everything will be finished in the moment. Then he started praying the Lord. O Lord! please control your anger I'm taking you to Sadan's house'
Just after that the Panditjee came to Sadan's house in the midnight and started calling him,"O Sadan, please come out! Lord Vishnu wishes to live with you only. He caused a lot of trouble to me when I tried to keep Him in my home. Sadan, you are really a great human and the greatest devotee of Lord Vishnu!"
When Sadan Kasai came to know the reality that the God Himself wants to live with him and he is doing the work of a butcher! He felt a lot of repentance in himself and then decided to go on the Pilgrimage leaving all such work. He resolved to go to the Jagarnath Puri Temple where it is believed that Lord Vishnu resides in reality"
In the very midnight be began his journey. He continued walking till the late evening on the second day. When he felt that it is too difficult to move further, he decided to take rest for that night in anyone's house. Thinking this he approached to a house which was situated in the outskirt of the village. He knocked at the door. A very beautiful woman came out just after sometime a man also came out. Sadan said to them, "I am traveller and on the way to Jagarnath Puri Temple, I want to get shelter tonight at your disposal! Will you permit me to stay tonight at your residence?
Listening to this the beautiful lady hurriedly replied, " O dear Guest! you're most welcome in my house. It is said that God comes in the guise of a guest. Please en debt me living with us tonight."
Sadan became happy getting this warm response. He stayed there. At night when everyone was in the sound sleep, the beautiful woman came to Sadan Kasai and said, "O Handsome traveller please take me also with yourself! I fell in love with you in the very first sight."
Listening to this Sadan rather yelled with pain and replied, "Mother you have given me shelter for one night, you've just played the role of a mother. How could you speak like this? I'm quite indebted with your hosting." Please don't speak anything which is not befitting you and your benevolent job."
Listening to this the woman went back to her house and returned after sometime with shackle covered with human blood.
"O dear love! now don't worry, we need not go any where. I've killed my husband. Now onwards you're my husband and I'm your wife. Hereafter we both will live here comfortably and happily"
Now Sadan was shivering from fear and repentance. He said to the woman, "You are not a human being, for your physical pleasure you have done a henious crime. Now let me go out from here. If I stay here even a little more, it'll be pathetic for me."
When the Woman found that Sadan is not ready to fulfill her wishes. She just took another form. She started crying. She started calling the people, "Come, Come! Please help me. This bastard has killed my husband and wanted to rape me. Please save me from this scoundrel!!!"
Listening to the lament of the woman so many persons came around and caught Sadan Kasai. Sadan kept on saying that the woman is lying to them. In reality she is the real murderer but nobody believed on his words. He was beaten black and blue and ultimately handed over to the sepoys of the king.
The second day he was produced before the king. Knowing his guild the king ordered to chop both of his hands. He kept on yelling to listen the truth but nobody cared on his words. His hands were chopped. He could do nothing.
With the tears in the eyes he continued his journey. Now he decided not to think about the shelter before reaching the Temple. He continued his journey for 6 days continuously. Ultimately he reached the temple premises. But just reaching there he lost all the control on his body. He fell aside before the main gate of the Temple. It was the time of Midnight. Almost all Pandas were in the sound sleep. In the mean time, the Chief Panda of the temple gets instruction in his dream, "O Panda! get up. One of my greatest devotee is lying before the main gate of the temple. Bring him with respect inside."
Here Sadan also sees Lord Vishnu in his dream, He says, "Sadan get up! Now you've come to your house. Your hands were chopped off because in your previous life once you had helped a Butcher to catch a cow which was later slaughtered. With that very sin your hands were chopped. Now get up every thing is okay. When Sadan opened his eyes he found both of his hands were alright.
All the pandas hurriedly approached to Sadan and took him inside the temple respectfully.
This story shows, how mercyful god is and when he thru his kindness then he never see any difference between caste or human.
(Story source:http://smjhaslife.blogspot.in/)

No comments: